Our Caregivers are among the best in the business. They are experienced, enjoy providing caring service to their clients, have passed our comprehensive background and screening process, are willing and able to drive approved clients, and are flexible in their scheduling availability.
If you are interested in working as a Home Care Aide for GTBHC, you should be aware of the following:
- Our applications must be completed at the Lakewood office. The address is 8903 Gravelly Lake Dr., Lakewood, WA 98499. (Click on address for a map).
- You can apply in person Monday through Friday between 9am and 2pm. We close at 4:30 pm.
- You may not bring children.
- You need to bring your valid driver’s license, Social Security card, and proof of automobile insurance in order to complete your application.
- You should also bring any certifications or other verification of training relevant to providing care.
- We test for the presence of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco before hiring (and randomly thereafter).
- We do hire smokers, but many of our clients are not tolerant of this, so smokers are assigned to smoking clients.
- You must be able to pass a very thorough criminal background check and health care license check.
- All of our employees must be able to comfortably communicate in English. Bilingual skills are helpful with some clients.
- You must be physically able to assist clients who need significant assistance to get in and out of bed, wheelchair, cars, shower bench, etc.
- We provide care to many disabled children, and you must be willing to work with all of our clients.
- You must be either CNA or HCA certified in Washington, currently working on certification, or able to attend 75 hours of certification training upon hire.
- You must be very ready and willing to work a demanding work schedule (including short shifts, weekends and evenings),
- You must drive your own vehicle to your shifts, as you will drive to clients living throughout our service area, and often take them to appointments and grocery shopping.
- We respect and appreciate our employees, and offer ‘platinum’ level health insurance benefits to our home care aides working at least 20 hours per week.
- Our current base starting wage is $12.30/hour for all new hires, (more for currently certified HCAs and CNAs). We offer meaningful raises after that.
If you would like to apply for a position as a Caregiver with Good To Be Home Care, send us an E-Mail with your contact information.
We are currently seeking Home Care Aides who are available to work throughout Pierce County.