Brian and Kim Davis jointly own and manage Good To Be Home Care, LLC. Kim is the Administrator of the agency, and Brian is the Director of Client Care Services. Since earning his Master’s in Social Work (MSW) in 1983, Brian has assessed and managed thousands of cases, working primarily with elderly and disabled clients. Both Kim and Brian’s resumes include professional experience in screening service sector employees, and matching them to appropriate assignments. Brian’s formative work experience as a caregiver, and later with Adult Protective Services and In-Home Support Services programs, showed him the need for superior private duty home care services. Good To Be Home Care is the result – a company built on experience, integrity, and commitment to the people we serve.
Our Home Care Aides are there for you. We understand that it is difficult to let somebody new into your home. We want you to feel happy and secure while we are in your service. That is why we don’t just “send somebody out” like many other agencies. If you prefer, you will be introduced to the Home Care Aide by his or her supervisor on the first visit. If one of our staff is not meeting your expectations, give us a call. We’ll make sure it is resolved to your satisfaction.
We are proud of the great employees we have selected to work for Good To Be Home Care. They are friendly, courteous and reliable, and they enjoy helping others. We don’t try to teach these qualities – we hire for them. That’s why Good To Be Home Care only offers employment to a fraction of the many applicants who contact us.
Our hiring process starts with a written test of job knowledge and decision-making skills. Only those who pass are allowed to complete our thorough employment application. The applicant’s signature on the application allows us to run background investigations and contact references. We then carefully interview suitable applicants, probing for the personality traits and skill sets necessary for top quality services. But that is just the beginning….
- Thorough background check, including Homeland Security ID verification, WA State Patrol check, FBI (nationwide) fingerprint check, APS and CPS check, WA Dep’t of Health license/credentials check, out of state license/credentials check.
- Careful personal and employer reference checks
- Fidelity bonding
- General and professional liability insurance
- Supervision and performance reviews
- Verification of training and certifications
- Initial and ongoing State-approved training program
- Confirmation of U.S. employment eligibility
- State and Federal tax withholding
- Worker’s compensation insurance
- Prompt assignment of a replacement in case of an employee illness or emergency